Where do you train me?
My home gym is located in Tallentire, 2.5 miles north of Cockermouth. I find that many times people who can use my services the most are not yet comfortable going to a public gym to work out so we can train in private at my home gym. If you have a home gym yourself or would prefer to train at one of the local gyms we can do that instead of or alongside training at my gym. We always, though, have the first session at my gym.
Benefits of Weight Training for Women
- Lifting weights builds lean muscle. The more muscle you have, the quicker your metabolism will work. This means that weight training will boost your metabolism, burn more calories, reducing body fat and boost weight loss. For every lb of muscle, you’ll burn up to 50 more calories per day!
- Lifting (and exercise in general) releases endorphins which improves mood, lowers perception of pain, and combats depression. Women who do weight training often report feeling more confident and capable in general.
- Unlike men, women typically don’t gain size from strength training. This is due to levels of testosterone women have compared to men. Typically, women only have around 10% of the testosterone of men. This means women will develop muscle tone and definition without the size.
- Weight training strengthens both muscles & bone density. This lowers the risk of fractures. It also builds stronger connective tissues and increases joint stability. Weight lighting can increase spinal bone density and create a strong and healthy spine. This, along with enough dietary calcium, can be a women’s best defence against osteoporosis. It can also help with correcting bad posture. This is especially true if you spend hours a day infront of a computer screen.
- Building a strong back and core will also reduce the chances of lower back pain.
- Weight training can help to improve cardiovascular health by lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol, and lower blood pressure.
Contact me to get started.